FiftyForward Meals on Wheels provides a tasty, nutritional meal for those who are unable to prepare meals on their own due to health and/or physical limitations. Those who receive meals also enjoy the visits from volunteers who care about them and assure that they are doing well.
Meals on Wheels customers benefit from:
- Home delivered, diet-specific meals delivered Monday – Friday.
- Weekend meals for those who receive weekday meals from another Davidson County meal provider.
- Evening meals for customers at greatest nutritional risk.
- Food boxes for days the program is closed due to bad weather.
- Thanksgiving and Christmas Day meals if alone on the holiday.
- Friendly visits from volunteers who monitor safety and changes.
- Access to program staff members who can assist with other needs.
FiftyForward Meals on Wheels customers experience:
- Better nutrition, health and well-being.
- Decreased isolation.
- Security of knowing that a visitor is coming each day.
- Immediate response in emergency situations.
For more information or to request assistance, call Sharie Loik, director, FiftyForward Meals on Wheels at (615) 463-2264 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, feel free to print our Meals on Wheels Flyer.
To be eligible for FiftyForward Meals on Wheels services, you must:
- Be 50 years of age or older.
- Have difficulty safely preparing meals or lack the resources to obtain meals.
- Reside in our designated catchment area (when you call us, we will refer you to the appropriate provider, if it isn’t us).
- Participate in an assessment to determine cost of meals.
- (For weekend meals), be participating in a weekday meal program.
This program is funded by United Way of Metro Nashville, Metro Nashville Community Enhancement Fund, FiftyForward, private contributions, program fees and additional grants. FiftyForward is a partner agency of Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee. Visit secondharvestmidtn.org to learn more about their programs. Second Harvest is a private, not-for-profit, tax-exempt organization with a mission to feed hungry people and work to solve hunger issues in our community. Second Harvest works with a network of approximately 500 Partner Agencies like FiftyForward to distribute food to those in need throughout 46 counties in Middle and West Tennessee.