FiftyForward Foster Grandparent Program (FGP)
FiftyForward was selected as an original site for the national Foster Grandparent Program more than 50 years ago and proudly continues to provide this exceptional service for children in Davidson County.
Each year, approximately 70 low-income adults (age 55+) serve more than 68,000 hours as volunteers for one-on-one mentoring and tutoring of 1,000 or more at risk young children. FiftyForward Foster Grandparent volunteers play an important role in the development and educational success of children ages 2 years old through 6th grade.
FiftyForward FGP volunteers tutor and mentor children, Monday – Friday, four hours each day, in child learning centers and Davidson County Schools. For their service, volunteers receive a tax-free stipend and mileage reimbursement.
Current FiftyForward Foster Grandparent sites are:
- 15th Avenue Baptist Learning Center
- Caldwell Enhanced Option School
- Cora Howe Exceptional School
- East End College Preparatory
- Explore Community Elementary
- Grace Eaton Child Learning Center
- Maddox YMCA
- Martha O’Bryan Child Learning Center
- McNeilly Center for Children
- McNeilly Toddler Center
- Napier Enhanced Option School
- Rocketship Northeast Elementary
- Rocketship United Elementary
- Smithson Craighead Academy
- Temple Academy
This program is funded primarily through the Corporation for National and Community Service, and FiftyForward. For more information about the program, please call Penny Gammons, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 743-3420.
Program offices are located in the FiftyForward/Patricia Hart Building at 174 Rains Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203.